"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

January 27, 2011

I am a BLOGGER!

Well it is official...I am a blogger as of today! I don't really expect anyone to read this...I created it as a way for me to keep track of my studying and to hold myself accountable when it comes to this Exam. It is a monster and the more I read about it the more terrified I become!

To set the record straight, I sailed through high school and most of college on the ability to cram cram cram...I am betting that most others can say the same of themselves. I graduated this December from UConn with a 3.799 so cramming worked for the most part. I am fully aware that this style of studying will not work for the CPA Exam. That is why I am hoping that this Blog will help me actually commit to studying.

I have ordered the Becker Live Course and start my FastPass classes in March. The order I decided to take the exam is: FAR, AUD, BEC, REG. I am hoping that I will not get discouraged by facing the seemingly most challenging part first. Once my books arrive, I plan to put in a good amount of studying before the classes even start. I just hope that Procrastination does not get the best of me...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you, Amy. I found your blog doing a Google search. See, people ARE reading it.

    We want to know everything! Make sure to keep the blog updated.

    Oh, and if your study materials are not new, you need to make sure you have the 2011 stuff. The exam just changed and the 2010 (and prior) review materials aren't up to par anymore!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words! I also appreciate your concern about the Review materials I am using...my Becker materials are indeed the 2011 version, which includes IFRS material as well as the new exam structure.

    Thank you and if you too are going through this process, GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete