"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

August 19, 2011

REG, you win!

BEC: 111 hours/Score: 79
FAR: 159 hours/Score: 78
AUD: 103 hours/Waiting Begins...
REG: 25 hours/Scheduled 10-1
Total Hours Sacrificed: 398

Ok, so I admit defeat. I just can't focus right now on anything it seems. A lot is going on in my life and studying is really not happening. I am currently in the process of moving, quitting my current job (3 work days left) among other things. I just can't focus on anything because I am getting too stressed about everything!

As a result, I made a tough decision to move my REG exam to October 1st. I wanted to know my score BEFORE I started at KPMG, but I don't want that score to be a failing one, so I have decided it would be better to move it. I will still have taken it before I start working on October 3rd, so technically it is still possible to reach my goal of passing all 4 parts before work begins. I will just have to wait for my score which is supposed to be released much faster in the last quarter...

I did somehow manage to finish all lectures except R-7. I am not sure I absorbed very much from them, but at least I wrote the notes down. I will still study a little for the rest of the month and then will study aggressively during September. I feel some relief, but have to be careful I don't slack off knowing I have more time now...

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, vote on my polls and leave your comments. I appreciate it!

7 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you rescheduled your exam on prometric? since october is during another period, that would mean a new NTS and or cancel the current exam and lose the fees? Thanks in advance and goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my state (CT), an NTS is good to take the section anytime within 6 months, but only once. October 1 is still within that 6 months, so all I had to pay was the $35 reschedule fee (no new NTS and no new exam fees.) To reschedule an exam, just visit the prometric website and follow the steps to reschedule. It is very easy! I paid the reschedule fee directly to prometric once i had chosen my reschedule date. I had checked a few times before I actually rescheduled to be sure the date I wanted was available. I hope this helps you, but feel free to contact me at Ewalt.Amy@gmail.com if you have further questions. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy! My NTS expires this month, and since I cant reschedule and the exam is nonrefundable I will take it anyways. You must be excited about starting work soon, I also start with another big 4 soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably should have stuck with my 8-31 date like you, but I just can't get myself going. It stinks that you are unable to move yours since your NTS expires, but perhaps you will be thankful to have it out of the way! Yes I am excited/anxious/nervous about my upcoming new job! I just can't believe it is already time to start!! It seemed so far away when I signed my offer after my internship. Congrats on your new position too! Big 4 is a great place to launch a career. Did you do an internship and have some idea of what to expect?

    Good luck with your exam and your career!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I'll have it out of the way, but im pretty sure I will do terrible b/c I haven't been studying much. No internship, straight to full-time. Probably take me a bit longer to pick it up compared to the previous interns, but looking forward to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How has your studying been going?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mel,

    Studying is not really going at all...I moved recently, which is quite a process! This week I tried to get back into the swing of things with REG, only to find out I failed AUD by 1 stinking point! Now I am changing my study plan so that I can re-take AUD before I face REG. Not at all what I was expecting, but it is what it is...

    Congrats on passing BEC! I tried to post on your blog, but I think you have some strict settings or something because it said I wasn't authorized. I allow anyone to post to my blog and then I can delete it after if it is inappropriate (hasn't happened yet). Btw, I noticed you were from Indiana. I am from Lafayette, IN! I even did a semester at Purdue University...

    Best of luck to you! Just remember that clock is ticking, so make every bit of that 18 months count!

    ReplyDelete