"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

June 2, 2011

Audit, I LOVE you!

BEC: 111 hours/(Time to pray)
FAR: 159 hours/(Time to pray a lot!)
AUD: 4.5 hours/Scheduled 7-11
REG: 0 hours/Scheduled 8-31
Total Hours Sacrificed: 274.5


Ok, well maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but Audit seems like such a nice change from BEC and FAR! I really liked my Audit course in college and did well. I had a pretty good professor who had spent many years of his career as a partner for a Big 4 Firm, so it really helped when he explained how this stuff actually works in the "real" world...I also did a 3 month internship at KPMG, so I can even apply some of this stuff to my actual experience and that helps a lot! I am only through the lectures for A-1, but I am getting my motivation back!

I am still bummed about my experience so far with this exam and now having to wait on my scores is terrible...I have to say I fully expected to pass all 4 parts on my first try and now I have had a really GIANT reality check! It does help to know that passing all 4 parts is the "exception" rather than the norm, but I (like everyone else I am sure) obviously wanted to be the exception...

I can say this, if I happened to pass one of the two I took rather than neither, please oh please let it be BEC because I hated studying for that and taking it : ( I feel like if I gave FAR another solid round and really practiced the next time, I could have a high chance of passing...but with BEC, I feel like no matter how well I prepare, there is just so much stuff from outer space on there, it is random luck every time...

So here's hoping for 2 passing scores in a few weeks, but I am prepared for the worst...

4 comments:

  1. Hey! i saw you in another71 forums and were waiting for the same sections!! BEC and FAR! took mine last may and i'm also studying for AUD in july! What a coincidence! The waiting is really making crazy too and don't lose hope, something might happen along the way or something! :) Goodluck to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rainier,

    Thanks so much for reading and posting a comment on my Blog! Waiting for scores is way way more distracting than I thought it would be! Torture! It is a coincidence that we are waiting for the same scores and I really hope we BOTH get good news this week! Good luck to you with Audit in July!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous u have a easy time with audit. Audit is my beast as I failed it 3x already. Me and audit do not get along lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I may have spoke a little too soon about Audit...Becker Chapters 3 and 4 were a bit of a challenge! There seems to be all these subtleties that are hard to keep straight...

    I think the best advice I can give is to change your study approach before you try Audit again. I think people tend to approach every exam the same way every time and end up with the same results over and over. Good luck to you! You WILL eventually PASS, so don't give up!!!

    ReplyDelete