"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

May 30, 2011

FAR will be a repeat for sure...

BEC: 111 hours/(Time to pray)
FAR: 159 hours/??
AUD:0 hours/??
REG: 0 hours/??
Total Hours Sacrificed: 270

I couldn't sit down to write about my exam experience until today because I took it Thursday and wanted to forget it as quickly as possible...it was terrible! I had complete test day amnesia : (

If I compare the FAR exam to BEC, it was much better for 2 reasons: I had 1 test day under my belt so I knew better what to expect AND there really wasn't very many things from outer space on the FAR exam. Having said that, I couldn't get my brain to cooperate at all. I couldn't remember anything and found myself making guess after guess on the MCQ. I honestly think that if I had gotten the question "What does the acronym CPA stand for?" I would have been stumped! My brain was just plain overloaded! I left myself just over 1.5 hours for the SIMS and needed every second...they were confusing and poorly constructed IMO. It makes me wonder who the heck comes up with them?! The research one was really hard to find and I used almost a 1/3 of my time just on that one...

Overall, FAR was just bad and it is mostly my fault. I KNOW that one is a repeat...so it is likely 2 down, 4 to go for me...sucks big time...

I can say that I have realized that just putting in "enough" time is not really going to enable you to pass...I didn't use my study time wisely. I should have "practiced" more and tried to "memorize" less. Come exam day the practice makes perfect saying is so true...oh well...

On to Audit as of tomorrow...Lesson learned in a big way with BEC and FAR...

LIVE AND LEARN!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, sorry to hear about your test day amnesia. I am hoping you did better than you think. But just remember, if you do fail it only means one thing... you're normal.

    Keep up the posts. I am currently studying for my first exam and it is good to know that I am not alone....

    Brent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent,

    Thanks so much for your support and nice comments! I keep having to remind myself that if this exam was "easy" and everyone could pass on their first try, the letters "CPA" would not mean much...

    I wish you luck in your own studying. I think that the biggest advice I can give right now is to practice practice practice!

    Thanks again, Ames

    ReplyDelete