"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

March 4, 2011

Life happens...

BEC: 5 hours/??, FAR: 3 hours/??, AUD:0 hours/??, REG: 0 hours/??

WOW! I think that I said it best in my last post and quite possibly had fortune telling skills when I said this was the "first of many bumps in the road..." I have not blogged nor studied in more than a month. This was not my plan by any means, but life has this funny way of changing your plans without even bothering to notify you in advance.

The weekend before I was to start my Becker Online courses for the BEC section, I had a very serious personal family emergency happen. What was going on not only consumed my time and energy, but I was in no state to even think about studying. At the time I am writing this, things are slowly getting back to normal...it will certainly take some time, but I finally felt like getting back to studying yesterday.

I am WAY behind now with my online course and am afraid to login to see what the consequences may be for this. I did contact the teacher, but I am not sure that did me too much good as he wasn't really able to help me very much. I didn't feel like following through with calling the 1-800 number, so I am studying with the CDs and will then upload my progress once I catch up. Yesterday I watched all the lectures for Becker BEC-1, which took about 5 hours. Today I am going to go back through the book and start working on the homework questions. There are 207 for this first section of the BEC book. My goal is to get through all of those at least once and the lectures for BEC-2 before the weekend is over. I am going to try my best to stay on task, but that doesn't seem to be in my control at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment