"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

May 24, 2011

The end is not FAR...

BEC: 111 hours/(Time to pray)
FAR: 137.5 hours/??
AUD:0 hours/??
REG: 0 hours/??
Total Hours Sacrificed: 248.5


I only have NFP left for notes and MCQ, which is the second lecture of FAR-9. So far, Fund Accounting actually seems like the "easy" part of the exam! I mean, Becker does a very nice job with mnemonics to keep all the rules straight and I have taken a course in Government accounting. I am not sure I really understood much of it during the course, but the second time around it is clicking better...

Once I finish NFP this morning, I am taking a lunch break and then starting back at FAR-1. I will review my notes and the questions I marked. I plan to get through as many sections today as I can and the same tomorrow until I am back at NFP. Then, if time permits, I hope to practice the SIMS a little...from what people have posted on another71.com, the actual SIMS on the exam are far more detailed than Becker thought they would be, thus using Becker to prepare for them is only mildly helpful...

I just hope I feel better about this exam when I leave the testing center than I did about BEC. I can't imagine how terrible I will feel to have put in all this time for BEC and FAR only to fail both :( I am not sure how people find the motivation to keep at it when that happens...when I started this whole process, I fully expected to study hard and pass on my first try...now I am much more realistic about the fact that even if you study hard, it is about 50% luck come exam day. Hopefully luck is on my side!!

No comments:

Post a Comment