"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

May 2, 2011

Inventory Valuation is a PAIN!

BEC: 111 hours/(Time to pray)
FAR: 20.5 hours/??
AUD:0 hours/??
REG: 0 hours/??
I just finished FAR-4 Lectures! Let me just say, Inventory Valuation is such a pain! I mean, each individual method is not so bad, but throw in all these different exceptions, quirks and IFRS and you have me praying I don't get any questions on this stuff on my exam...

I am a little behind with my study schedule (as always...), but I am not worrying about it. I could not make myself study much this weekend...the weather was just too nice, but now I am going to regret not getting my time in because I will have to push myself harder in the coming 3 weeks. I just hope that is enough time to really nail down a lot of this material. It really doesn't seem so bad when I am going through it one by one, but combining it all is a little daunting...

On another note, so many people really just don't seem to get what I am going through with this exam and that is really starting to frustrate me. It does help to read forums like another71.com so I can continue to remind myself that there are literally thousands of people feeling the same way...

My goal is to finish FAR-9 Lecture by the end of the day on Thursday. I am really going to push myself to reach that goal so I can move on to reading the chapters, taking good notes and working the problems. That is what is really going to drive this stuff home...

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    Are you working and studying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I am indeed working, but not in accounting until October. I average about 35 hours per week (which is about half of those working in public accounting) as a cake decorator. I really enjoy it, but like anything, it has its moments...

    Amy

    ReplyDelete