"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

May 9, 2011

FAR (from knowing this stuff!)

BEC: 111 hours/(Time to pray)
FAR: 48.5 hours/??
AUD:0 hours/??
REG: 0 hours/??
Total Hours Sacrificed: 159.5

Ok, so I finally finished ALL the FAR lectures! Phew, that was a lot of information and my head is spinning...My plan for the next 2+ weeks is to review the material section by section, taking my own notes and work all the MCQ. I hope this only takes about 10 days. That will leave me a solid week for final review and to practice a couple actual exams.

I will say it again (mostly because I may be in this boat), I cannot believe people do this more than once! I mean, I am totally consumed by this and would never want to go through 48 hours of lecture for FAR ever again! BLAH! Let's hope these next few weeks are both productive and enough to enable me to pass.

Wisdom for the day:
A wise CPA told me recently that the Candidate that scores a 76 has achieved a "perfect" score. The candidate studied enough to pass (and by 2 hairs instead of 1) and that is all because at the end of the day, they have the same three letters after their name as someone who scored a 99. The only difference is the person the scored the 99 "thinks" they have bragging rights, but the person that scored a 76 actually does because they sacrificed less to achieve the same goal. HERE'S TO A 76!

No comments:

Post a Comment