"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."

July 26, 2011

AUD IS OVER!

BEC: 111 hours/Score: 79
FAR: 159 hours/Score: 78
AUD: 103 hours/Waiting Begins...
REG: 0 hours/Scheduled 8-31
Total Hours Sacrificed: 373

Just finished my exam! I am glad that is over! 
I missed work today again because I am still not feeling well. Thankfully I felt well enough to take this exam and I really had no other choice... 
Post exam feelings:

I feel a lot better about my exam today than I did about either of the others. I am just not sure if that is a false sense of security since perhaps the reason I feel better is that I have been through this twice already and have 2 passes under my belt. Who knows?!

I think the MCQ went as well as they could given the nature of AUD questions. It seems like I could eliminate 2 answers easily, but deciding between the remaining 2 was challenging on several of the questions. It was a matter of "choose the BEST option" so that caused me a little difficulty. I also had one question repeated 3 times and another question repeated twice within the same testlet! I really hope I answered those correctly! I averaged right around 30 minutes per MCQ Testlet.

SIMS...those things are just plain not fun! I was super lucky to have 2 research ones (I hope they both count!) and I really think I nailed them. I was careful to read them carefully and get right down to what they were looking for. Those didn't take much time. Out of the remaining 5 Sims, I found 2 to be pretty fair, another to be manageable and the other 2 were pretty bad...I had to really guess on those last 2, but I didn't leave anything blank. I feel like one would need to have some solid auditing experience to be able to really nail those. I spent 1.5 hours on the Sims.

So with 1 hour and 7 minutes left on the clock I ended the exam. I could have sat there for that hour staring out the Sims, changing my answers, second guessing myself, trying to pull answers out of my head that just weren't there, BUT I felt like I gave it my best effort...I really hope I PASS! I feel like it is possible, but either way, what is done is done...

Moving on to REG tomorrow. I don't want to lose momentum and I know REG is going to be a challenge. A lot of other candidates over at another71.com have indicated that REG (especially the Sims) is a beast! If I take a break now, I will truly regret it...

Happy studying and good luck to anyone else taking this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment